Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    James Lopez
    Spectator

I noticed that SketchUp 2020 has been released and there appear to be major changes that will affect CabWriter. Can you share your plans to support this version of SketchUp? I have a variety of projects that have been designed using SketchUp 2019 and CabWriter 3.x. Will I need to rebuild these projects when either SketchUp 2020 is supported or when CabWriter 4.0 is released? Thanks for any information you can share with your customers.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi James,
    As far as I am aware, there are no changes in SketchUp 2020 that adversely affect CabWriter 3 and its models. I have been a 2020 beta tester since the beginning of beta testing and have found no issues. They did change the name of Layers to Tags, but it is a name change only (perpetrated on SketchUp users just to confuse them). We are working on CabWriter 4 at the moment, and I don’t see any issues there either (so far). There is however, one issue that Mac users should be aware of with regards to SketchUp 2020; the latest Catalina operating system has some issues with 2020. Most of them can be resolved by re-installing SketchUp after upgrading to Catalina.
    Joe….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.