Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark Beers
    Spectator

I am a new user and am going through creating defaults for specific types of cabinets. When I save my own defaults they do not save to the defaults folder on my Mac. When i try to load defaults, I first get a message “No User Defaults found”, I hit Okay and then the defaults file selector appears. I have to manually save my User Defaults into the Cabwriter defaults folder in order to re-load them. Shouldn’t the software save User Defaults into whichever defaults folder the program is looking in?

Path to plugin default file on my Mac, OS X 14 Mojave: User/Library/Application Support/Sketchup 2018/Sketchup/Plugins/cabwriter/cabwriter_defaults.

Is there someplace else that User Defaults are to be stored?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Sorry you ran into a stumbling block. The location for the user default storage is set on the Project tab in the CabWriter Defaults. See the enclosed picture. You can choose a folder anywhere on your Mac to save the defaults in. You can see where I save mine, but you can choose any folder by clicking on the folder icon at the right of the text box.

Let me know if you have any other questions…

Thanks,
    Greg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,
    Open the CabWriter Settings to the Project tab. In the lower right you can tell CabWriter where you want to save your defaults.

Also, you can open the User’s Guide with the menu Extensions > CabWriter > Open User’s Guide. Appendix A contains a description of every default sorted by tab. On page 191 you will see the User Defaults Files section of the Project tab.

Joe….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.