Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Spectator

Each time I restart SketchUp, the Cabwriter toolbar is missing. Thoughts?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Are you on a PC or a Mac? Have you saved your file with the toolbar open and closed the SketchUp application once with it open?

Joe….

Michael
    Spectator

Hi Joe.

I’m on a PC. I have saved the file with the toolbar open. It seems to only happen when SketchUp crashes. If I close and open normally, the toolbar is there and unaffected.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Ahhhh! Depending on the reason for SketchUp crashing, you may be losing a file called PrivatePreferences.jason which is sort of like the Windows Registry. It holds all the information about your SketchUp setup. How frequently does SketchUp crash and do you have an indication of why, or what you are doing when it happens?

Joe….

Michael
    Spectator

SketchUp crashes at least once an hour. I haven’t been able to pinpoint the exact activity that causes.

However, the toolbar hasn’t been disappearing so I think that issue rectified itself.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hmmm! SketchUp shouldn’t be crashing at all, let alone once an hour. When it crashes do you get the bug splat? It would be great if you could begin to recognize a pattern of crashes. Unfortunately, the bug splat doesn’t leave any clues for the user to interpret.

Joe….

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Do you have other plugins running besides SketchUp? If so, could you disable them and see if that helps? Also, I know this might be harder to check, but it would be interesting to know if SketchUp crashes at the same rate if CabWriter is disabled also.

Thanks,
    Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.