Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I like the look of Greg’s Layout template. A video says it’s on the website, but I can’t find it. Could you help?

rick

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Rick,
    Attached is a blank LayOut document with Greg’s template. Just open it up in LayOut and make any desired changes. Then use the File > Save As Template.
    Joe….

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Joe
    I am having a hard time with getting this to work.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,
    I need more detail on what you are not able to do.

If you are getting an error similar to the image attached, there is a simple fix. This is a problem that has already been fixed in the Beta 2 release coming out this week. A very quick work around is to create the directory it is looking for and place your template in there. Also place it in the equivalent 2019 directory. That will solve your immediate problem and when you get Beta 2 you will already be set.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

I have down loaded it and even extracted it but it wont let me open it in layout

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

It would be helpful if you could give us a bit more detail when you’re seeing a problem like this. What happens when you try to open the file with LayOut? Do you get an error message? Does nothing happen? What version of LayOut are you using? Does something else occur? Without knowing the details of what’s happening, it’s difficult to diagnose from our end.

Thanks,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Jeremy,
    You need to give me more detail when you post a problem or question. Do you get an error message? What does it say? What version of LayOut are you using? Etc.

I am guessing you are using a version of LayOut older than 2019. Is that true?
    Joe…

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Joe , Greg
    I still use 2018, nothing happens when I try to open it no errors, that’s about all I can give you as nothing happens

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I was trying to download the file to try it out myself, but accidentally deleted it. I’ve re-attached the file from my computer this time. Try downloading it and opening and see if anything happens. I assume you’re able to successfully open other LayOut files?

Thanks,
    Greg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg
    Thanks that opened right up

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg
    It there a way to change the paper size for this layout?

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,
    Yes, but if you change the paper size, you have to move all the lines and title block around to resize everything to fit that paper size. I use the D sized format because I have a plotter, but I also have a wide format ink jet printer that will print 13″ x 19″ paper which is almost the same proportion as a 24 x 36 D size, which means I can just shrink it when I do the printing and scale it down. It doesn’t scale well to other paper sizes, so if you want to make a template for a different paper size, you’ll have to manually shrink and move everything. It’s just a bunch of lines and text on the title block layer in Layout. You might think about purchasing this PDF book on LayOut:
    http://www.sketchuptolayout.com
    It really helped me better understand LayOut and how to work with it. At the point you’re at, it’s nothing to do with CabWriter and everything to do with using LayOut to it’s fullest advantage and this guide is what I use when I have questions.
    Thanks,
    Greg

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg
    You are correct I will look into the book, I think layout is a little confusing so say the least, I don’t have a large printer just yet so everything has to 8-1/2 x 11 for me
    I have some templets I have painfully made but I also like you style.
    Thanks for all the help

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.