Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

When you say you went back to previous version and all was ok do you mean the previous release of CabWriter?

If so, that is very interesting and helpful.

Joe…

gadgetguru
    Spectator

Yes Sir
    previous version CabWriter 0.8.2 3-31-16

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Joe thinks he may have found the issue, but he won’t know until he gets back home tomorrow. He’ll get back to you with more information when he investigates.

Thanks for your patience!

Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi gadgetguru,

I have a new release that I hope will fix this problem. I would like to send it to you to try. I don’t want to put it in the release folder until we can verify that it works. There is actually two files attached; CutList Bridge DXF and CabWriter. Would you please do a clean install and give them a try and let me know how you make out.

As background, this problem is not actually a CabWriter problem. There appears to be a Ruby method or constant missing called GetString. We proved that by completely cleaning out CabWriter and CutList Bridge and attempted to call this method or constant and got a failure on your machine and none on my PC or Mac and Greg’s Mac. My guess is that there is another extension that is in your Plugins folder that is misbehaving by redefining this method/constant or has removed a file installed by SketchUp and is now not available. I have changed CabWriter so that it never calls the missing method/constant, but uses other code. I have high hopes that this solves the problem for CabWriter, but the root cause is still there and you may find another pluging runs into it. Let’s see.

p.s. Can you let me know your first name? I feel funny calling you gadgetguru.

Thanks,
    Joe…

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

OK, that didn’t work. I am going to add them to the release folder and leave the old ones there too. So look for the two files with May 22 dates.

Joe….

gadgetguru
    Spectator

That resolved this issue for me. I have emailed you some other issues if you have time to take look at them.

Thanks
    Kevin

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

The problems discussed in this thread have been resolved and their fixes are in CabWriter release CabWriter 0.8.6 May 23, 2016 Beta. You will find it by clicking on the Beta Testers menu.

Joe…

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.