Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pure woodworks
    Spectator

Hello all I have started using CabWriter this last week and was trying to figure out if you could draw your stiles and finished ends to go to the floor. This is necessary for a remodel job I am trying to design. I need to cover up the missing tile where it goes around the existing stile that goes to the floor and connected sweep blocks. Any input would be appreciated.

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hello,

Unfortunately, we don’t have that capability built in at the moment, since it’s a relatively rare operation, but since all of the cabinets drawn by CabWriter are regular SketchUp components, you can use standard SketchUp tools to modify the stile and panel in question. I do this once in awhile myself when there’s something a bit out of the ordinary. You can use the Push/Pull tool to make the stiles longer, then use the move tool to move the bottom rail down, and finally pull the panel down to fit. If you want to make sure that CabWriter doesn’t interfere with your changes if you edit the cabinet, you can open the Extended Entity Info window, select the components you modified or moved, and check the “CabWriter Protected” box at the bottom. Then, whenever you edit the cabinet, CabWriter will not overwrite your changes.

Glad you’re getting some time on the software, let us know if you have other questions or need more help with this problem.

Thanks,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

I would need more information on what you are looking for. Extending the stile to the floor is a piece of cake and in fact can be done with normal SketchUp tools. Implementing it in code is easy too. The applied end panels a little more work but doable. But what about the sides and ladder base?

Greg, could you also comment on this?

Joe…

lesdt
    Spectator

I would also like if the finished ends could be drawn to go to the floor. We don’t usually use ladder base and have the applied end panels go all the way to the floor with a notch cut out of the side for the toe kick.

Thanks, Les

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

That one is definitely on the list; many other people have requested it as well. Thanks for adding another vote! If you get some time, would you mind drawing a cabinet with the notched toe kick so we can see how you construct yours and how you add the kick piece at the front of the notch?

Thanks,
    Greg

lesdt
    Spectator

Hi Greg- I’ve attached a cabinet with the toe kick notch the way we build.

Thanks, Les

lesdt
    Spectator

Guess I can’t send a skb. file. Here are 2 screen shots.

Thanks, Les

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

Thanks for the drawings; I’ve not seen that method of dealing with the end panel on a notched toe kick, so it’s helpful to us. Doesn’t look too complicated.

Thanks again,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

These images are really small and don’t seem to include the entire area of interest. However, if I am looking at this correctly, the finished ends are bearing all the weight of the cabinet. Is that what you intend Les? Could you send me your modified .skp to jpz@srww.com? That would give me a better picture of what you are expecting. Thanks,

Joe…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.