Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TexasWayne
    Spectator

The snap to nodes are not working for me when I try drawing walls, or anything else.
    Any idea what it might be?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

I am not sure what you mean by the ‘snap to nodes’. Are you using CabWriter or the basic SketchUp program when you are having this problem? Are you drawing a wall or using the Story Stick? And if you get any error messages can you tell me what they are? Thanks,

Joe….

TexasWayne
    Spectator

Hey Joe, What I mean is when you hover over and you get the little dot that shows you are starting on the edge of something. I’m not getting anything. Also I was wondering if there is a way to modify how certain things are built. Like the toe kick ladders for instance, and the holes for shelf support. I would like a little more control over things like that. Also like to be able to turn off the shelf holes for inside sink cabinets.

Thanks, Wayne

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

Have you modeled something that you are hovering over? Do you have a tool besides the Select tool chosen when you hover with its cursor? If the answer is yes to both questions and you are still not getting the inference engine dot and tool tip like shown in the image below, send me your model’s .skp file and I will see if there is a problem.

Inference Engine Dot & Tool Tip

Yes, you have complete control over the holes and the toe kick. There are hundreds of default values you can change. However, at the moment it requires editing a file. We are working on a dialog box human interface to make changing these things easy. Hope this helps.

Joe….

TexasWayne
    Spectator

What I noticed when I opened up the sketchup drawing that came with the segment 1 video. I do get the inference dots when I have a tool selected. But when I chose the story stick tool for CabWriter I don’t get the inference dots like you do when you are drawing with story stick.

Wayne

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

The Story Stick tool replaces the inference engine dot with a red triangle, but the appropriate tool tips still appear. See image below. However, the story stick is intended to be used with construction lines, not other components.

Inference Engine and Story Stick Cursor

Joe…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.