Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    keithcuda
    Spectator

Does anyone else have any issues running a Mac, and sketchup jumping around to different windows when you have more than one file open?

I tried to post a short video clip of what I was talking about, but that didn’t work. So here is a link to where I asked the same thing on a different forum.

http://forums.sketchup.com/t/mac-window-jumps-around/25690

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by keithcuda.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

There are a number of problems on a Mac when you operate with more than one model open. It has plagued me for years and I can’t seem to get to the bottom of them. I highly suggest that you only work with one window at a time. The problems seem to be between the Mac OS and SketchUp.

Joe….

keithcuda
    Spectator

Thank you, just thought I would ask, in case I was missing something or anyone knew how to fix it.

Cheers

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

I’ve been using CabWriter on the Mac for the last few years, and there’s definitely a couple of issues related to multiple open windows, but I’ve primarily only seen it in terms of trying to create a new project. It doesn’t create a new project for CabWriter if there’s another CabWriter model open. I’m curious what you mean about jumping around to different windows; I don’t recall seeing anything like that. I’m wondering if you’re running into the other issue we’ve seen with the Mac which is when you update Sketchup to a newer version, it can leave files behind which cause problems. Are you having any issue with the story stick or setting parameters?

Thanks,
    Greg

keithcuda
    Spectator

Greg,

In my first post, there is a link to another forum, that I posted a video that shows what it is doing. SU jumps from one screen to another, when I have multiple models open.

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Sorry, Keith! I should be more careful reading the posts. I went to the video, but I must not have a plugin that reads the that video format, because it won’t let me play the video. Do you know what format the file is?

Thanks,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

One of the students I was teaching SketchUp to last night had this problem. I believe his was related to two windows being open too. But we didn’t take any class time to debug it.This one is new to me too Greg, but I have now heard of it twice in two days.

Joe….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.