Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi All,
    I have gotten a lot of questions on how to install a SketchUp extension. I have attached a PDF to this post called SketchUp Extension Installation Procedure. I hope it helps.
    Joe…

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hmmmm, help Greg. The file size is 668 KB. Is that really too large?
    Joe….

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi again All,
    I think the PDF will get uploaded this time.
    Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Andy Lee
    Spectator

Hi, I have installed the extension and it’s showing in my Sketchup folder where all the other plug-ins are, but it’s not showing in the plug-ins list within Sketchup. Any idea’s?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Andy,

What operating system are you using and what version of SketchUp. If it is Windows and SketchUp 2017 or 2018 got to Window > Extension Manager and check if it is there and enabled. If not it is not installed. If it is, then go to View > Toolbars and check CabWriter. If it is not, write me at jpz@srww.com.

Joe…..

Andy Lee
    Spectator

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. m attaching some photo;s so you can see. I have the plug-in inside my plug-in folder but nothing in Skethcup recognizes that. I also get an error upon start-up (see pic) I’m running SKetchup 8

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Whoops! My apologies. I just notice that I missed the version of SketchUp you are using. CabWriter will not work on SketchUp 8. You need SketchUp 2015 or later. In fact, when CabWriter 2.0 comes out we will not support version 2015 either (though it will likely work on 2015).

Hi Andy,

In my previous reply, I asked what operating system you were using and what version of SketchUp. Without those two pieces of information, I can only give you a guess as to the problem. The third image you posted say it can’t find the ‘fileutils’ file. This is part of the Ruby interpreter supplied by SketchUp. If you can’t find this file I am guessing that you are using a version of SketchUp that didn’t include it. CabWriter only works on versions 2015 and later. So, are you using a version of SketchUp older that this?

Joe….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.