Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Spectator

The shelf spacing for upper cabinets is not even. The top space is a lot more than the bottom two shelves, which are spaced evenly. Is there any way to control the shelf spacing so that they are all even?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Can you be more specific? What type of upper cabinet? How many shelves? Height of the cabinet. In fact, could you email me a zipped up file of you .skp model file? Send it to jpz@srww.com . I modeled a 30″ tall standard upper with three shelves. See the attached image.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Michael
    Spectator

I think I have it figured out. I am building frameless cabinets so your attached image of the face frame cabinet prompted me to look at the face frame settings. I discovered that the face frame top rail thickness needs to be set to the same dimension as the carcass top thickness in order for the shelves to be centered in the opening.

Is that something that could be updated in a future release?

Michael
    Spectator

See image below:

…uploaded with the incorrect labels; the correct image is the second one

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by Michael.
    Attachments:
    Michael
    Spectator

Jeez…I uploaded it again with the incorrect labels. Let’s try this again. The correct image is attached:

Feel free to delete my prior post, thanks.

Attachments:
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Could you please zip up the SketchUp model file with the two cabinets and send it to me. You can’t attach a .skp file. It must be zipped.

BTW, these shelves are adjustable shelves, not fixed shelves, their placement in the model doesn’t mean anything.

Joe….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.