Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Spectator

I am designing a set of frame-less cabinets. The space between doors on a cabinet is reasonable at 1/8″. But when two cabinets are joined with connector stiles in between – the space between the hinge side of doors on adjoining cabinets is 1″. I know I can make cabinets using full overlay hinges that would make this gap – 1/8″ (doors finishing in 1/16″ from the face of the side of the cabinet box. I’ve attached a pic of the issue. I’m sure there is a way – I just haven’t been able to find it.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by cabwriter.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike
    Spectator

More information – this seems to happen when each cabinet is drawn individually. When I use the story stick to line out multiple cabinets at once, specifying the outer left and outer right stiles, the inner connectors don’t show this extra ‘gap’. I’m not sure why the difference – but have found a way to work around it.

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

I don’t have a good explanation as to why you would have such a large gap to the outside of the cabinet off the top of my head. We do usually recommend using the story stick to lay out multiple cabinets when possible, which does fix the issue, but when drawing a single, frameless cabinet, it is possible to have the doors and drawers go all the way from side to side. Is it possible for you to send us a copy of your settings file?

Go to File->CabWriter->Save CabWriter Defaults and choose a name for the file. Then, go to your plugins folder then into the cabwriter/cabwriter_defaults folder and grab that file and email it to us or attach it to this post. We can take a look at your settings and see if we can spot what is wrong.

Thanks,
    Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.