Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8384
    Steven Konecny
    Participant

    Hi Joe,
    Please find the attached file/link. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsuY7kAA2sckg7tZoCvopMS-p5Vkfg

    I was trying to copy in a drawer component I pulled from a previous design (prior to using CabWriter). I was attempting to add the drawer box parts to the CabWriter parts list so I could have a unified Cutlist.

    When creating the parts using the “Make CabWriter Component” I noticed it was not assigning a “Comp #” after the CabWriter part was created. I’m not sure if this is because it came from a previous version of Sketchup, the fact the I probably changed the part axes, or some other problem. (actually, I went back and saved it as a 2018 file and it still has the same problem)

    I tried copying in a cabinet I made in a separate file (the same one you fixed earlier), and I noticed some of those parts lost their Comp # (front rails, stiles, drawers). They exist on the stand-alone file, so not sure what happened there.

    Creating a random custom part produces the same problem. No new parts seem to get a Comp #.

    Steve

    #8385
    Steven Konecny
    Participant

    OK, this is weird, or maybe it’s not…

    Just for kicks I tried renumbering the cabinets. That actually fixed all the parts that didn’t have a Comp #, but some lost their material settings. It’s was pretty easy to mass change the materials for all the parts from the same stock, so it seems to be fixed now. Not sure what was going on, but it seems to be a non-issue now.

    Sorry for the false alarm.

    Steve

    #8388
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

    No Problem Steve. As you discovered, Producing a Cut List requires doing things in the right order. That is why we added the File > CabWriter Production Documentation command. It ensures part numbers are assigned before attempting a Cut List.

    Joe….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.