Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MonseesWoodworks
    Spectator

I have been testing Cabwriter for a month or so and I really like how easy it is to design an entire kitchen in 2 hours or less. But one thing that I would like to see is the ability to choose from different styles of doors and drawers. With the ability to choose different doors and drawers I would be able to show my clients what the kitchen will exactly look like.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

That feature is coming and will definitely be part of the first release toward the end of the year. What styles do you most use?

Joe…

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback, we’re excited to hear you’re enjoying the program. Your request is a very popular one and it’s definitely on the list. In fact, the plan is to make it very flexible by also allowing you the option to provide a cross section of your door components so that CabWriter can draw them using that profile. This should make presentation a lot more true to life.

Thanks,
    Greg

kbranch
    Spectator

Has there been any thought to adding functionality for divided light doors?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Divided lights have little chance of making it into revision 2.0. But likely will make it into version 3.0. In 3.0 I hope to provide the capability for cathedral, roman, curved and half curved as well as a couple patterns of divided lights. We will not attempt to provide a wide variety of pattern and styles; rather just a representative set. It’s our belief that most of our customers will purchase door and drawer fronts from a third party, and those that build them will have custom designs of their own.

Joe….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.