Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mattrich
    Spectator

Hey Guys,

Is there a parameter that will insert a mid rail or mid stile into an end panel? I like to insert a mid rail on the end panel of a divided cabinet at the same height as the FF rail. Also on base end panels with solid wood raised panels, it’s nice to have a mid stile to keep the panels from being to large.

Thanks,

Matt

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

At the moment that tool does not exist, but it is on the list and will likely make it into the release of version 2.0. In the meantime, it is quite easy to do with native SketchUp.. What I do (see image attached) is copy both the top rail and the bottom rail and combine them into one rail (the top rail provides the bottom dado and the bottom rail provides the top dado. Be sure to make the copies unique parts immediately after copying them or you will end up changing the top or bottom rail. Once you overlay the parts you can use the SketchUp Outer Shell Solids Tool to create the final part. This works especially well with raised panel rails and stiles as shown in the attached image.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    mattrich
    Spectator

Thanks Joe,

I have been just building them with standard Sketchup tools. I figured it wasn’t available yet, but thought it worth asking in case I was missing something. I really like the way that you combine the top and bottom rails, I will use that technique next time.

Thanks,

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.