Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Albers
    Spectator

how about having your job file with dimensions imported in as a jpeg as your reference.

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not sure I completely understand what you’re proposing. Would you be able to elaborate a bit more?

Thanks,
    Greg

Aaron Albers
    Spectator

Greg
    What I meant is that if you take jobsite notes with dimensions on it, take a picture of the notes, and then import
    the file on the kitchen or bathroom and then you will have all your info on the sketchup file you are working on and you do not have to look at another file, everything is on you job at one time. can i sent you an example of what Iam doing, or can i post a sketchup file to the form.
    Thanks Aloha Bruce

Aaron Albers
    Spectator

Greg
    Here is a example of what i was saying,
    Aloha Bruce

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Aaron Albers.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Aaron Albers
    Spectator

Greg
    Here is a pdf.
    Aloha Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

I gotcha now; that’s an interesting idea. However, I don’t think we need to do anything special within CabWriter for you to do that. You can already import files and images into SketchUp and manipulate them. If you go to the SketchUp File menu and select Import, you can choose from a wide variety of files including PDF, jpg, and .png amongst others. You could pull in your information and have it right there in your model for reference if you wanted. I tried it this morning. Let me know if this is what you were thinking.

Thanks,
    Greg

Aaron Albers
    Spectator

Greg
    Yes that is what I was thinking and was just trying to help,
    Do I send info to you by form only or can I email you?
    Thanks Aloha Bruce

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

Gotcha. If you think it’s something anyone can benefit from, please put it in the forums. If it’s something else, you can feel free to email me…

Thanks,
    Greg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.