Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TexasWayne
    Spectator

Hello Everyone,

I’ve just been excepted into the beta testing program and I wanted to introduce myself.
    I have a small shop in my garage that I have managed to fit a 4 x 8 CNC router. I have been using Auto Cad to do most of my shop drawings but in the last few months I started using Sketchup. The CNC router that I bought came with its on software program but it is very difficult to use. I’m hoping that CabWriter will help in that aspect. Anyway hello everyone, I look forward to adding my thoughts about CabWriter.

Wayne

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard, Wayne! We look forward to your feedback once you’ve had a chance to use the software. BTW, what do you currently use for CAM software for your CNC? Do you currently have something that you can use to tool path DXF’s? If not, I would highly recommend Vectric’s software. Their Cut2D Pro is very affordable and will do everything you need for cabinetmaking. It’s what I use in the overview video on our site. You can get a free trial version at http://www.vectric.com/products/cut2d/trial.html. You can do everything with it except save a tool path. Also, what kind of CNC do you have.

Thanks,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Welcome aboard Wayne.

Let me know if you have any problems installing or using CabWriter. If you have any feedback on the training videos I would appreciate that too. Also, I would encourage you to make your comments on this CabWriter website. Greg and I are always monitoring it and one or both of us will respond asap. It also benefits the other participants to have access to the conversation. Thanks for trying CabWriter. I think you will find it very beneficial.

Joe….

pastorjmcgouirk
    Spectator

Hello all,
    Just joined the beta group. Still following along and processing the videos Joe and Greg have made available. Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for the tutoring help. The potential of Cabwiter is truly amazing! I’ll be back in touch soon when I have specific questions.
    Thanks,
    John

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Welcome John! We look forward to your feedback once you get a bit deeper into the program. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!
    Greg

kbranch
    Spectator

Good afternoon – I am a recent addition to the beta group, and I am looking forward to contributing on this forum while exploring the software. Installation went smoothly, and now it is time to put it to work! Thanks for adding me to this community.

Regards, Kevin

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Welcome, Kevin! We look forward to your thoughts on the software…

Good Luck,
    Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.