Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Folks,

There may be an installation problem with the latest versions of CutList Bridge and CabWriter. If you have problems after loading try a clean install. To do that follow these instructions:

1. Go to your Plugins folder. If you don’t know the location of your Plugins see ‘Locating Your Plugins Folder’ below.

2. Delete any file or folder (and its contents) related to CutList Bridge or CabWriter.

3. Re-install both extensions.

Locating Your Plugins Folder

1. Open the Ruby Console (Window/Ruby Console).

2. In the lower field at the bottom enter this text:

Sketchup.find_support_file(“Plugins/”)

3. SketchUp will repeat this instruction and provide you your Plugins directory. It should look similar to this:

C:/Users/Joe/AppData/Roaming/SketchUp/SketchUp 2016/SketchUp/Plugins

Please write me at jpz@srww.com if you had a problem and let me know if this clean install solved it. Thanks,

Joe…

Joe,

I found multiple plugin folders on my machine doing a windows search and deleted them all. My purpose was to delete a corrupted copy of CabWriter and CutListBridge which I couldn’t delete otherwise. I then did a repair copy of SU2016 pro when that didn’t instal a new plugins folder I did a clean instal. in each case i searched for the plugins folder using the ruby window and got the attached error message.

Within SU Extensions>Sketchucation>Open plugin folder the plugins folder is opened (2nd attachment) So it’s there but not recognized as some of the plugins do not show up on View>Tool Bars or in Tools. This includes CutList Bridge. Cab Writer is there.

A bear of little brain needs Help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi John,

After we fixed your install problem this morning did you go back and try executing this command from the Ruby Console again?

Did it work?

Joe…

Yes Joe,

It worked fine, I just got back to my computer so I’ll try reinstalling CabWriter and let you know how that goes.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry to say I couldn’t get CabWriter to reinstal. I tried several ways, including changing the extension from .rbz to .rb and this time the SU warning was correct the rb would not load.

I have to swing a hammer for the next several days but will get back to the problem this weekend. My next try will be to move all my SU files off my computer to a thumb drive and start from a new .exe file

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi John,

You can’t change the file extension from .rbz to .rb. That won’t work. The .rbz files are simply a .zip file with the extension changed to .rbz so that SketchUp knows that they contain a compressed set of .rb files. So what you can do is change the .rbz extension to .zip. Then you can double click on the .zip file and you will see the uncompressed contents. In CabWriter’s case it will be a folder named cabwriter and a file named cabwriter_loader.rb. Now you can simply drag and drop both the folder and the file into your SketchUp Plugins folder.

However, you shouldn’t have to do this. The Window/Preferences (SketchUp/Preferences on Mac) Extension, Install Extension button is the easiest way to install an extension with a .rbz file extension.

Joe…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.