Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pearsonh001
    Spectator

So I just downloaded the beta release last week and began to have problems placing cabinets (I am using a PC) The cabinets would not show up and I could find no operation on the the Cab writer tool bar that would allow to place a cabinet. I came to the site and saw there was a new release and figured this would fix my problem. I deleted all the old folders from the plug-ins folder and downleaded the new release. Now Cabwriter is not showing up in the ‘Toolbars’ menu (where it was before), nor is it in the extension manager. However it does show it in my plugins folder. Any suggestions?

Pearson

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Pearson,

Look in the Plugins folder and you should see a cabwriter folder and a cabwriter_loader.rb file. Make sure it is there.
    If that those two items are in the Plugins folder make sure you are looking at the correct Plugins folder:
    1. Open SketchUp and the Window > Ruby Console.
    2. TYPE this EXACTLY as shown in the lower field of the Ruby Console and press Enter:
    Sketchup.find_support_file(“Plugins/”)
    3. Look in the upper field and you will see the location of your Plugins folder. Go there and confirm that this is where your CabWriter file and folder is. If not re-install.

If you still have problems let me know and perhaps we can set up a telephone call or and internet screen session.

Joe….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.