Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wayne
    Participant

See attached screenshot. The tall frameless cabinet was ended on the right side with a ‘Sheet’, the blind cabinet with a single door beside it was also ended with a sheet. It seems that no matter what style I use I’m unable to get these two cabinets to fit together correctly at the base and toe kick. Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

The advantage of CabWriter being an extension to SketchUp is that you can use the native tools of SketchUp to edit CabWriter cabinets (provided you follow some simple rules). See the attached model, which is like yours except the dimensions may be wrong. Look only at the Base Ladder layer and notice that I deleted one part and edited two others.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wayne
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    I guess that I must not have been too clear with the explanation.

Interesting that I never received an email that you had replied. Anyway, after experimenting for 5 hours I found the setting. It was in the toe kick properties titled ‘End panel inset distance’ I didn’t realize this property can take a negative number. By changing that to -1″ the right side toe kick on the divided base cabinet joined up with the toe kick on the blind base cabinet beside it.

Many thanks, Wayne

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Ahhhhh! Glad you figured it out.

Joe….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.