Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

This is more of a feature change than a request. I feel it would be easier to input the drawer opening size under the faceframe tab rather than the drawer front size. That way we don’t have to figure in the gap and the program could do that for us. Just a thought.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

This seems to be a personal preference thing vs an industry standard. We chose to implement it with the front height dimensions versus the opening dimensions because most cabinet shops order drawer fronts and boxes from a third party and often order standard sizes. Either way, CabWriter does the arithmetic, the user doesn’t need to, though there are a few tricks that help selection go faster. I should create a video of that.

That said, it may make sense to give the user an option with a default. No promises, but let me look at it.

Joe….

Thanks Joe,
    A video would be great. I haven’t figured out how cab writer does the math…

Hi Joe,
    Any chance on getting an explanation on how to get cabwriter to do the arithmetic on the openings? Thanks!
    Todd

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the late response. I am going to produce a video either tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday. If you can wait for that I think you will find it very useful. If you need a faster response we can set up an on-line join.me session tomorrow. If that is your choice, email me at jpz@srww.com, let me know where you live, your time zone and a time in your time zone that you would like the session to start.

Joe….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.