Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Is there a way to do divided upper corner and blind cabinets? All my wall cabinets are divided and I cant figure out how to get the corner and blind to do the same.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Could you provide some more detail? What features of a Divided Cabinet would you like to provide in an upper corner or blind cabinet? Do you have a picture or model of what you would like to see?

While you cannot replicate a divided cabinet in a corner or blind cabinet, you can come close. If you can give me an idea of what you want I can perhaps produce a video showing you how to do it.

Joe….

I would like a separate box above the corner cabinet to match the rest of the kitchen.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,
    For Diagonal or Lazy Susan Corner cabinets, I would stack two cabinets on top of one another, with the bottom one taller than the top one. You may have to fiddle with settings to get exactly what you want, but you can certainly do it.

For a Blind Corner Cabinet I would either stack two Blind Cabinets as above, or draw a Divided Cabinet and modify it with native SketchUp tools as I have done in the attached model. Let me know if you have further questions or need help drawing one of these.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Again Todd,

Another technique you can use for the Diagonal Corner and/or Lazy Susan corner Cabinet is to draw them with a cabinet height equal to your tall height but leave the doors off. Then add a fixed shelf and mid-rail with native SketchUp tools. Finally add the doors with the Insert a Door tool. This may actually take less work and look more correct in the end. However, the resulting box will be heavy, especially the Diagonal Corner Cabinet.

Joe….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.