Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kbranch
    Spectator

Am I inviting trouble if I draw a guideline at a 45 degree angle to the axes and apply a story stick to that line? Obviously I will need to edit the middle cabinet in the example attached, but I seem to recall somewhere that there may be an issue with drawing this way, maybe with cutlist or transferring to LayOut? Perhaps someone can shed some light. Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kbranch
    Spectator

Another view of the outside corner cabinet I am drawing with the original axes showing.

Attachments:
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

The only problem I can see is, how are you going to build it? Three cabinets that occupy the same space is difficult. But CabWriter should give you no problems.

Joe….

kbranch
    Spectator

Joe, I am going to edit the cabinets so they don’t overlap but I didn’t want to spend the time if I was doing something wrong. Now I will proceed – thanks!

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Actually, I assumed that, but I was just yanking your chain. There are some things to be careful of though. For example, the auto-swapping of grain direction that CabWriter does (actually CutList Bridge) depends on sides and shelves actually being co-planar with the cabinets back. If your modifications violate that rule you should shut off Enable Auto Swap for that cabinet(s). See attached image.

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.