Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Is there any plans to build in a costing tool or is there something everyone is already using with sketchup ?

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi,

We don’t have any plans to build an estimating tool into CabWriter; it’s out of the scope of what we set out to do and there are other tools out there. The one to look at it Cutlist Plus fx. In addition to advanced cutlisting features, plywood optimization, and label printing, it also has a robust estimating and costing functionality to help you track your labor, material, and other project costs.

Thanks,
    Greg

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg
    I figured as much but I thought I would ask, I wasn’t sure how well cutlist plus could handle that. also do you have any recommendations for rendering after the drawings to make it look more photo like.
    Jeremy

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I think Cutlist Plus is well regarded in terms of those functions; it would be worth a look. The only rendering software I’ve played with is one called Twilight, which one of our other customers uses. All of the rendering software is very involved and I just haven’t had time to master it. They have a free version and a paid version; I’ve just played with the free one. I got it to render, but haven’t yet got the hang of doing the proper lighting and material setup.

Thanks,
    Greg

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg,
    Do you use the cutlist plus for estimating.
    I watched a few videos but it seems like it maybe to basic for a complete cost of a kitchen unless I just put a total number in of what I think it should be,

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

I don’t personally use it for estimating. I have a set of spreadsheets that I’ve created over the years to help me. I’m sure Cutlist Plus would work, I just haven’t had the time or motivation to go there.

Thanks,
    Greg

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Greg,
    Just curious on how you do your spreadsheet do you have a charge for each piece needed or use a sq foot or liner foot price and add in all the hardware and such .
    Thanks and have a Merry Christmas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.