Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey
    I am a new tester for CabWriter.
    CabWriter installed and I have created a project.
    But with the use of the first tool (the signs of walls) will not work. The tool for the walls will remain suspended on my mouse when pressing the alt key changes the tool from red to blue, but do not want to draw the wall. What’s the problem? Does it have something that I work with a Mac?

Johan

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,

Have you upgraded your SketchUp in the past? Other Mac users have seen similar issues to what you’re seeing when they’ve upgraded SketchUp versions. Apparently, SketchUp has an issue on the Mac during install where it doesn’t clean up or delete all the old files which causes a conflict that affects the CabWriter plugin. One of the other beta testers found a fix for it. See this forum thread:

After cleaning everything up, you can go ahead and re-install the version of SketchUp you want to use. Can you give it a try and see if it fixes the issue? Also, you want to make sure you’re using the latest CabWriter release from May 23rd.

Thanks,
    Greg

Now I have tried everything, but on mac I get signed no walls.
    The practice files that you have made, I can draw with the tool walls.

Johan

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Johan,

I’m sorry you’re still having issues. You’re not the only Mac user who is experiencing this and we’re actively working to solve the problem or at least have a solid workaround. It appears to be a problem with the SketchUp environment when it is upgraded, something is left behind when the upgrade occurs. We will let you know when we have a solution.

We found a temporary solution this past week if you want to try it so you can at least continue to play around with the software. If you create a new user on your Mac and install a fresh copy of SketchUp in that new user’s space, it should work fine. Let me know if you need help doing that.

Thanks,
    Greg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.