Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Joe
    Would it be easy to program changes in the box options, I can do these now in the native sketchup but it seems like it would be something most guys wouls want it to do.
    First is the ability to have different settings for upper and lowers. I would like my lower cabs to have a flush back but the uppers I would like the sides to extend past to have a scribe if needed. I can draw them all now the change the top cabinets in the cabinet settings and redraw just the top to get this to work not a big deal long as I remember lol,
    second thing I can do to but would like to see if it would be a easy fix in telling the upper carcass sides to extend down for two reasons to add a bottom panel and have the bottom of the cabinet in a dado versus a rabbit or just screwed from the side . like I said I can do all of this with sketchup but it would be nice to have the changes if it is not to hard,

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

The first option you have already. When you decide on a set of parameters for your particular cabinet design and build style, save you defaults to a file, with a name you recognize. Be sure that the Base Cabinets tab, section Base General, has Carcass Gap (Back to Wall): set to 0″ and Upper Cabinets tab, section Upper General, has Carcass Gap (Back to Wall): set to 1/4″. You may also want to change the Carcass Gap (Back to Wall): parameter for Refrigerator Upper and Diagonal Corner Upper as well.

Your second request is coming in CabWriter 3.0. You may have to wait until next summer to use it, unless you want to be a beta tester for 3.0, in which case it may be available around February.

Joe….

perioddesignsllc
    Spectator

Joe,
    I look forward to the 3.0 what is the cost to updagrade to that , I would try some beta out for you as well.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Jeremy,

We haven’t set the upgrade price yet for 3.0, but I don’t expect it to be too onerous. We are going to Las Vegas for the AWFS show in July 2019 (July 17-20). Everything will key off that show. We want to have 3.0 announced and released just before the show, so I expect we will announce around July 1st. However, we will probably begin beta testing in February.

Joe….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.