Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Witt
    Spectator

I have an existing project that I’ve been working and re-working for a bit.

I set to do some work this morning and I cannot get the defaults to work properly. The changes I’m making to cabinet defaults are no longer updating the defaults stored for the particular cabinet. They seem to be reverting to the original defaults that I had created for the project originally.
    How I can I “refresh” the project now that it is clearly corrupted or hung up?

here is the scenario I’m experiencing:

1. I load cabinet defaults from the existing cabinet and change base cabinet depths
    2. Choose to redraw cabinet, the cabinet redraws correctly
    3. I then edit the story stick to adjust the cabinet right stile to be 8″ to the left
    4. The cabinet shifts correctly, but it no longer is using the defaults. instead, it is using the old original project defaults

I then
    1. edit the project defaults, they are correct to my updated settings (I changed the depth from 24″ to 22″)
    2. Redraw the selected cabinet, choosing not to use the stored cabinet defaults
    3. The cabinet redraws correctly
    3. I then choose to load the cabinet defaults, and they have reverted to the old original project defaults from when I started the project (24″ depth)

The end result here is that I cannot get the story stick edit to redraw the cabinet with the defaults I want. It’s like the original project defaults are stuck in the file somewhere.

I’m using SketchUp Pro 2020

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Michael Witt.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Could you please ZIP up your .skp file and email it to me at jpz@srww.com? Thanks,

Joe….

Michael Witt
    Spectator

On it’s way.

Thanks

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

HI Michael,

I have a feeling that the problem you are seeing is because you are selecting CabWriter protected parts when asking CabWriter to re-draw a cabinet. CabWriter protected parts are completely protected from change once you set CabWriter protection. That includes the defaults stored in them. Do not select CabWriter protected parts when you want to re-draw or edit a cabinet. The stored defaults could be several changes old.

Joe….

Michael Witt
    Spectator

So, in cases where I’ve unlocked parts of a cabinet to edit them.

Are you saying that I need to only select the parts that I previously unlocked when I want to edit that cabinet?

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

No. I am saying that you should not choose a part that is CabWriter Protected when editing a cabinet. CabWriter Protected parts are generally protected because they have already been edited and as a result may have old defaults stored in them. You can recognize CabWriter Protected parts using the Extended Entity Info dialog box and look to see if the the CabWriter Protected checkbox is checked. See attached image.

Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.