Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

We do a lot of beaded faceframes. We apply the bead to the frame instead of milling it into the rails and stiles.
    Would be helpful to have this option in Cabwriter.

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Could you send me a picture of the beaded cabinet?

Joe….

Sure thing – here you go.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi There,

I will add this to the list of potential features for a later version. We can’t guarantee it at this point, but we’ll take a look at it. One thing you could do in the short term to make sure your cutlist comes out right is use the Extended Entity Info to add additional length to your FF rails where they get notched into the stiles. Not sure if it’s 1/4″ or 3/8″ on each end, but you could double that amount and add it to the length of the rails manually. I realize this doesn’t represent it to your client, but at least the cutlist would be correct.

Thanks,
    Greg

Hi Greg, Thanks for the reply.
    We don’t actually notch the rails or stiles. We mill a separate piece of stock 1/4 x 3/4 with the bead on one end then glue and pin nail to the inside perimeter of the frame openings. The extra material isn’t so much of an issue as the door and drawer fronts and boxes change size due to the openings losing the 1/2″ in width and height.
    Thanks again,
    Todd

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Sorry, I misunderstood; some shops notch the frames and some don’t. In that case, you’d have to just draw the rails and stiles with the extra width so that everything comes out the right size, but of course, it wouldn’t look exactly right, but at least it would be built correctly.

Thanks,
    Greg

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,
    If you beaded your drawers like shown in the attached .skp, versus beading the stiles and rails, you wouldn’t have to change anything including shrinking the box or building out the drawer slides.
    Joe….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.