Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wayne
    Participant

Hello,

Version 2.0.1 (10-24-2018)
    Sketchup Version 18.0.16975 Windows 64-bit

I’m not sure whether this is user error or a bug. I’m attempting to protect a new component created using the standard Sketchup tool, it’s unique but I get the following message after clicking the OK button from within the ‘Make CabWriter Component’ dialogue box: “There is no cabinet with the prefix to which this component can be attached.”

One thing I noticed in the dialogue box under ‘New CabWriter component Instance Names & Protection’ is that a SPACE character has been appended to the front of the definition name, it seems wrong.

Even if I create a simple box the same problem occurs.

Thanks, Wayne

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by wayne.
    chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

This is not a bug. The error message is telling you that you did not supply a cabinet prefix to tell CabWriter which cabinet to assign this new part to. Once you supply a cabinet prefix, component type and box number CabWriter will create a prefix for your custom part and append a space between the prefix and your component name. For details Read Make CabWriter Component on page 59 of the User’s Guide. To access the User’s Guide use menu Extensions > CabWriter > Open User’s Guide.

Joe….

wayne
    Participant

-Deleted-

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by wayne. Reason: Deleted and replied to Joe's message
    wayne
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification Joe. I had read the guide at that page but I didn’t go quite far enough and hence didn’t understand that custom components needed to be linked to an existing cabinet. In this case I needed to link a washing machine to the pantry cabinet next to it even though it’s not really connected.

Many thanks, Wayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.