Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Mobile985
    Spectator

Am I missing something? I need to represent 1/2″ and 3/4″ overlay doors, shaker style for my cabinets. Is there a parameter that I need to change? I thought this was already available, and I must be not seeing it.

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi There,

Unfortunately, we do not support overlay doors at this time. It is something we are considering for future releases, but need to gauge the demand for it. Sorry about the inconvenience…

Greg

Mobile985
    Spectator

I manually adjusted the doors and then used the move tool to bring them out. Is there, possibly, an easier way or setting to utilize this? I don’t mind doing some manual work on it. I was thinking like modifying the size of the doors on the backend? Any thoughts?

cabwriter
    Keymaster

Hi,

That method certainly works, and is really the only method available at the moment to accomplish the task. We’ll ponder the options and get back with you. It is unlikely, though, that we’ll be able to get anything into version 1.0 in March at this point.

Thanks,
    Greg

lesdt
    Spectator

Hi- I’m sure hoping too that 1/2 overlay will be included before too long. I would help immensely.

Thanks, Les

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Les,

Do you make your own doors? If the answer is no, would it help to have the overall size of the doors adjusted for overlay exported in a spreadsheet? Or is it the ability to visually show a client that you most need?

Joe….

lesdt
    Spectator

I do make doors so it would be very helpful from that side but also would be beneficial to easily visually show a client what the 1/2 overlay looks like compared to inset.

Thanks, Les

Mobile985
    Spectator

I have the same sentiments as Les. I usually build my cabinets with the 1/2″ overlay, and it’s been pretty time consuming to modify each to show the client. Also, the cutlist isn’t as accurate either, but at least I can get a material count (close) for budget purposes. So, you get my vote for this enhancement 🙂

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

OK Guys. I’ll look at it in the next day or so.
    Joe….

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

I am looking at implementing overlay doors and I have some comments and questions:
    1. I assume that overlay doors always use face frames and that the face frame always includes a lower rail. Is this correct?
    2. In cabinets with two doors I assume there is no mid stile between the end or connector stiles i.e. where the two doors meet with a gap between them. Correct? If you want a mid stile for this first implementation you will have to add it yourself; a simple matter for creating a component and using the Re-Name Component tool.
    3. I assume that the hinges mount on the stile and door and not to the sheet good side. Therefore no hinge holes are drawn for overlay doors. Correct?

Are there any other thoughts before I begin implementation?

Joe….

Mobile985
    Spectator

Joe, you are correct in all of your outlines. Yes, face frames on all and bottom rail. Middle stile is usually absent for double doors. Hinges mount to sides of faceframes. Thanks in advance.

lesdt
    Spectator

Hi Joe,
    1. Yes that is correct with a lower face frame.
    2. Sometimes we would use mid rail between 2 doors on one opening but that could be drawn in easily like you say.

3. That is correct also. We mount the hinge on the stile and door.
    I can’t think of anything else right now but will post as I do.
    Thanks, Les

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

OK Guys. Thanks. I’m working on it for rev 1.0. Hope to have something in a few days for you to test.
    Joe….

chiefwoodworker
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Overlay doors are almost done. See attached image. I am beginning to work on overlay drawers but I have another question/issue. I am also assuming that mid rails are always used and drawn in overlay designs. Correct?

Joe…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    lesdt
    Spectator

Looking good!
    Yes there would always be mid rails between drawers.

Les

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.