chiefwoodworker
Keymaster

Hi gadgetguru,

I have a new release that I hope will fix this problem. I would like to send it to you to try. I don’t want to put it in the release folder until we can verify that it works. There is actually two files attached; CutList Bridge DXF and CabWriter. Would you please do a clean install and give them a try and let me know how you make out.

As background, this problem is not actually a CabWriter problem. There appears to be a Ruby method or constant missing called GetString. We proved that by completely cleaning out CabWriter and CutList Bridge and attempted to call this method or constant and got a failure on your machine and none on my PC or Mac and Greg’s Mac. My guess is that there is another extension that is in your Plugins folder that is misbehaving by redefining this method/constant or has removed a file installed by SketchUp and is now not available. I have changed CabWriter so that it never calls the missing method/constant, but uses other code. I have high hopes that this solves the problem for CabWriter, but the root cause is still there and you may find another pluging runs into it. Let’s see.

p.s. Can you let me know your first name? I feel funny calling you gadgetguru.

Thanks,
Joe…