chiefwoodworker
Keymaster

Hi JeanLec,

A) The answer to A is yes, cabinet height, depth and width can all be specified per the users specification. Base cabinet height is specified by specifying the counter top height and thickness. Upper cabinet height is specified directly as are cabinet depths. See attached images base_cabs.png and upper_cabs.png. Cabinet widths are specified with the story stick, but can be edited with the Edit Story Stick command.

B) Cabinet types are set after a story stick has been defined and the End key is pressed. A dialog box appears called Box Selector. See box_selector attached. In this image I have shown a story stick with only one box in a cabinet. But the story stick can define multiple box cabinets just as easily. The box selector is used to choose the box type, in this case the Diagonal Corner Base.

C) I will let Greg Larson suggest a cabinet making book to explain design practices for a face frame and frameless cabinet. But I suspect almost any cabinet making book would be a good reference. We don’t yet have a book specific to CabWriter, though if successful maybe one day.

Hope this helps.

Joe…..

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.