chiefwoodworker
Keymaster

Hi Cridd,

The models you are referring to, are they CabWriter models? If so, why are you using the Scale tool to scale them verses the Edit Story Stick or Edit Cabinet(s)?

Scaling (with the Scale tool) does not affect the CutList Bridge attributes. You should not be loosing them because scaling only changes instances not components. If you are loosing attributes it is because you are doing something to the components themselves such as using the Entity Info box to rename them or Explode to return them to primitives.

Can you tell me the specific steps you are taking that causes the attributes to be lost? ALso, can you tell me what you are trying to accomplish and I can tell you how to do it. For example, if you wish to change the cabinet number of a cabinet you should use the Re-Number Cabinet icon in the CabWriter toolbar. If you wish to change the name of a component (but not its cabinet number) use the Re-Name Component icon.

Never try to change a CabWriter component name using the Entity Info dialog box. The reason is that when you do this SketchUp fails to copy all the attributes associated with the old component to the new component. This seems like a real shortcoming of SketchUp, but it has been there for as long as I have been using SketchUp and in spite of users pointing it out the SketchUp team has never changed it.

Joe…